Membership in the Chickasaw Hall of Fame is an award presented to a citizen of the Chickasaw Nation whose contribution(s) to the nation have been of great importance. The award will be presented annually. The award may be made for Chickasaw citizens either living or deceased, but no current Chickasaw Nation employee or elected official of the tribal government who is currently serving a term of office at the time of their nomination will be considered.
To be eligible to receive this high honor, the nominee must have distinguished themselves in their bringing honor to the Chickasaw Nation, and/or have made outstanding contributions to the Chickasaw Nation or society in general. Inductees must be an enrolled citizen of the Chickasaw Nation.
For consideration of the award, nominations should contain the following information:
- The full and complete name of the citizen being nominated, along with the current address of the individual, if living
- A complete and detailed description of the activity, or activities, of the person and the reason(s) for his/her importance to the Chickasaw Nation
- A short biographical sketch of the person nominated (not to exceed one page)
- A photograph of the person nominated. Photos will be returned after final selection is made
- The complete name, address and telephone number of the person making the nomination
- Nominations may be made by anyone.
- The person who is nominated must be an enrolled Chickasaw citizen. Proof may be required by the committee.
- Any citizen is eligible for nomination, except a current Chickasaw Nation employee or an elected official of the tribe who is currently serving in office.